Digital River Announces Winners of its 2016 Internet Commerce Excellence Awards
Adobe Systems, HTC, Jabra, Lenovo, Nuance Communications and VMware recognized at Digital River’s Globalocity ecommerce conference
MINNEAPOLIS — April 28, 2016 — Digital River, Inc., a leading global provider of Commerce-as-a-Service solutions, today announced the winners of its 2016 Internet Commerce Excellence (ICE) Awards. Adobe Systems, HTC, Jabra, Lenovo, Nuance Communications and VMware were honored during Globalocity, the company’s global ecommerce conference, in San Diego, April 20 — 22, 2016.
The awards showcase organizations that are using ecommerce best practices in innovative ways to drive revenue and greater efficiency across their online businesses. Winners were selected across three categories: Best Global Launch, Innovator of the Year and Marketer of Year.
“The world of digital commerce continues to evolve at a rapid pace, driven by unprecedented levels of disruption as well as unparalleled opportunities,” said Jason Nyhus, Digital River’s vice president of marketing and communications. “The ICE Awards recognize the ecommerce leaders and companies that are rethinking how they go to market, reaching customers in innovative ways, and setting new standards in the industry. We are privileged to work with experts who are in the business of growing online sales for some of the world’s most notable brands — at Globalocity, it is our honor to award their achievements.”
Digital River recognized companies in the following categories:
Best Global Launch
- Jabra, a brand of GN Netcom, Inc. (“GN”) and a world leader in innovative, high quality headsets and speakerphones, worked with Digital River to enter 11 new local markets across three regions in less than a year. They achieved 500 percent year-over-year revenue growth and wrote a playbook for future global expansion.
- VMware, Inc., a global leader in cloud infrastructure, virtualization and business mobility, simultaneously launched four applications across 14 different countries using Digital River’s Global Commerce self-management tools. The international launch contributed to a 30 percent increase in ecommerce revenue year-over-year.
Innovator of the Year
- Adobe Systems Incorporated used Digital River’s API-based ecommerce tools to support its shift to subscriptions and tripled its VIP-direct program sales year-over-year. Based on their success, the creative, marketing and document solutions provider plans to roll out the program in 11 more markets.
- Smart phone manufacturer HTC Corporation leveraged Digital River’s Global Commerce platform to grow their direct-to-consumer channel year-over-year. The company used integrated marketing campaigns that combined traditional and direct media channels, HTC.com exclusive value adds, such as UH OH Protection, and new category product launches, including UA HealthBox and the Vive virtual reality headset.
Marketer of the Year
- Lenovo Group’s strategic use of analytics turned data into insights and results. During the most recent holiday sales period, through a better understanding of the customer lifecycle, the global PC manufacturer increased revenue 25 percent over the previous year, driven by more targeted email communications as well as more efficient segmentation and conversion of traffic.
- Pioneering speech and imaging software manufacturer Nuance Communications, Inc. launched a flagship subscription-based app called Dragon Anywhere. Supported by the company’s innovative use of data, in just months Dragon Anywhere accounted for a notable portion of the company’s product mix, and successfully extended the benefits of Nuance’s Dragon speech recognition software beyond the desktop to mobile users.
Globalocity is an invitation-only event for the extended Digital River community of clients, partners and employees. More information is available at www.goglobalocity.com.
About Digital River, Inc.
Backed by 20 years of ecommerce experience, Digital River is recognized as a leading global provider of Commerce-as-a-Service solutions. Companies of all sizes rely on Digital River’s cloud-based commerce, payments and marketing services to manage and grow their online businesses. Through these services, Digital River connects B2B and B2C digital products companies and branded manufacturers with buyers across multiple devices and channels, and nearly every country in the world.
Digital River is headquartered in Minneapolis with offices across the U.S., Asia, Europe and South America. For more details about Digital River, visit the corporate website, read the Digital River Blog, follow the company on Twitter or call +1 952-253-1234.
Digital River is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks, registrations or copyrights of their respective owners.
Twitter Tags: #GoGlobalocity, #ecommerce
Click to Tweet: .@We_are_Jabra, @Adobe, @VMware, @htc, @Lenovo, @NuanceInc win ICE awards at @DigitalRiverInc #GoGlobalocity #ecommerce conference