Registration Opens for Globalocity, an International Commerce Conference Hosted by Digital River
Event brings together industry’s top thought leaders to explore today’s most pressing global commerce challenges
MINNEAPOLIS — Mar. 7, 2012 — Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV), the revenue growth experts in global cloud commerce, announced the opening of attendee registration for Digital River® Globalocityâ„¢, the premiere commerce conference for industry influencers. This must-attend event, which draws top business visionaries, industry analysts, global commerce executives and senior professionals from the U.S., Europe and Asia, will take place May 14-16, 2012, at the JW Marriott L.A. LIVE Hotel in Los Angeles, Calif. Registrations can be made through the event website at www.goglobalocity.com. Discounted early bird registration closes Mar. 23, 2012.
“The transformation taking place in today’s commerce industry has never been more pronounced than it is today,” said Joel Ronning, Digital River’s CEO. “Disruptive technologies, on-the-go consumers from diverse markets across the globe, and the convergence of software and connected devices are just some of the factors forcing commerce professionals to innovate at a break-neck pace to ensure their companies’ success. Globalocity will provide insight on how these market dynamics are impacting the industry and uncover the strategies that executives at leading organizations are implementing to meet these changes.”
Globalocity will address a wide variety of topics, ranging from social and mobile commerce, to the digital marketplace, security, the cloud and emerging online geographies. Participants will have access to some of the most influential people in international commerce and a rich agenda of industry panels and education sessions — all focused on delivering actionable strategies for accelerating online sales across channels and regions.
The lineup of speakers includes more than 70 commerce experts, representing industry organizations as well as leading brands from markets such as software, games and consumer electronics.
Featured keynote speakers include:
- Gene Alvarez, Research Vice President, Gartner, Inc.Mr. Alvarez has more than 28 years of IT experience in business impact assessment, vendor management, project management, software development and delivery of complex business applications.
- Julie Ask, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc.Ms. Ask serves e-business and channel strategy professionals. More specifically, her research covers telecommunications and consumer mobility.
- Martin Lindstrom, Brand FuturistMr. Lindstrom is an author and Time Magazine Influential 100 honoree. His books include “Buyology – Truth and Lies About Why We Buy,” and “Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy.” He is a weekly columnist for Fast Company and TIME Magazine and frequently contributes to NBC’s TODAY Show.
- James McQuivey, Ph.D, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc.Dr. McQuivey serves consumer product strategy professionals. He analyzes television and media technology and specializes in the future of the moving image, including digital video recorders, HDTV, video on demand, Internet-based video, and the business implications of each of these disruptive technologies or movements.
- Joel Ronning, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Digital RiverMr. Ronning launched Digital River in 1994 with a vision to use the Internet instead of mail to deliver software. More than 15 years later, Digital River is a recognized revenue growth expert in global cloud commerce, helping to grow the online businesses of some of the world’s foremost multi-national companies.
- Brian Walker, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc.Mr. Walker serves e-business and channel strategy professionals and specializes in how businesses can best use technology to drive results. Mr. Walker is a leading worldwide expert in e-commerce platforms, multi-channel commerce and marketing technology, and mobile commerce.
About Digital River, Inc.
Digital River, Inc., the revenue growth experts in global cloud commerce, builds and manages online businesses for software and game publishers, consumer electronics manufacturers, distributors, online retailers and affiliates. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a global commerce operation. The company’s comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, global payments, cloud-based billing, fraud management, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multi-lingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
Founded in 1994, Digital River is headquartered in Minneapolis with offices across the U.S., Asia, Europe and South America. For more details about Digital River, visit the corporate website, follow the company on Twitter or call +1 952-253-1234.
Digital River is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks, registrations or copyrights of their respective owners.
Twitter Tags: #Globalocity, #ecommerce
Tweet This: Registration is open for Digital River’s #Globalocity, #ecommerce, @DigitalRiverInc